Put the Time in!
Plan to spend about 8-12 hours a week studying for each 3 credit hour class you’re taking
- Take notes. Summarize what you’ve learned
- Create a to-do list. Write down deadlines
- Regularly check your student email, blackboard, and my.ccc.edu account for important updates
- Meet with your advisor
- Listen and pay attention
- Participate in class discussions
- Study with Friends
- Ask questions. Ask yourself questions.
- Do not wait to get help until the last minute
- Keep distractions to a minimum
- Study in a quiet and well-lit room
- Learn. Think around the topic and between the lines. What is the main point?
Pace Yourself! Manage Your Time!
- Be on time or come early.
- Do not multitask. Focus on one thing.
- Stick to your schedule. Make a commitment
Seek Tutoring for Free!
- Tutoring can improve your grades
- Tutoring allows you to progress at your own pace
- Tutoring offers a unique and individualized learning experience
- Tutoring can increase good study habits
- Tutoring can improve your attitude about learning or school in general
Most of all…
- Relax. Breathe. Take a break.
- Exercise your body and mind
- Think positive. Create a positive environment.
- Sleeping and eating well allows you to perform better and stress less